Date: September 5, 2021 - September 5, 2021
Oriente Occidente Dance Festival (Italy) presents the world premiere of Moby Dick, Chiara Bersani’s new creation for Swedish integrated Danskompaniet Spinn, directed by Veera Suvalo Grimberg. This dance production has been co-produced by Dansnät Sverige and Oriente Occidente Festival in the framework of Europe Beyond Access.
In a wordless landscape, we let the stillness carry us forward and wash over us with a deafening silence. We wait. For courage, for something new. For the spark that will make the body’s rhythm explode and then find peace.Danskompaniet Spinn
Moby Dick is created by acclaimed Italian choreographer Chiara Bersani, following her global success with the production Gentle Unicorn. For this retelling of Herman Melville’s classic novel, Bersani has collaborated with Sweden’s leading dance company for disabled and non-disabled dancers, Danskompaniet Spinn, to create a piece which is part dance performance and part installation.
About Moby Dick
- Choreography: Chiara Bersani.
- Artistic Director: Veera Suvalo Grimberg.
- Dancers: Britta Kangas, Hannah Karlsson, Felicia Sparrström and Annika Vestel.
- Dramaturgy: Marco D’Agostin.
- Artistic Advice: Matteo Ramponi.
- Movement: Coach Marta Ciappina.
- Mentoring: Alessandro Sciarroni.
- Music: Ilaria Lemmo.
- Lighting Design: Emily Lavebäck.
- Costume: Greta Rizzi.
- Technician: Jonathan Fischhaber and Robert Persson.
- Duration: 50’.
- Production: Danskompaniet Spinn in cooperation with Producentbyrån and Corpoceleste_C.C.00#/.
- Co-production: Oriente Occidente and Dansnät Sverige.
- Supported by: Västra Götalandsregionen, Kulturrådet, Göteborgs stad and Vara Konserthus.