Date: September 2, 2021 - September 2, 2021
Natalija Vladisavljević is a writer, choreographer, and performer active in Per.Art, our Europe Beyond Access partner in Novi Sad. She will be presenting her production of Dance in the 21st Century at Pokretnica – Festival of Contemporary dance and Performance in Serbia. Attendance to this event is free by just making reservations via email at email@example.com.
Dance in the 21st Century is a dance work commissioned in the framework of Europe Beyond Access.
I’m thinking about a new performance.
I would like us all to collaborate in making this performance, which means that we will be agreeing with each other on rehearsals.
We will work on improvisation and on various topics.
Improvisation is also about us when we show our attitude towards dancers. This is what we have been doing together for a very long time, what we are doing for improvisation is body language with enhanced teamwork.
I am interested in everything related to dance, both classical and contemporary dance.
There is contemporary dance without music, and there is contemporary dance without dance.
I remember when Saša asked me how I would name my new performance, I said: Dance in the 21st Century.
To cut a long story short, we live in the 21st century, and that’s when we will have our performance. There are a hundred years in one century.Natalija Vladisavljević, choreographer
About Dance in the 21st Century
- Idea | Choreographic scores written by: Natalija Vladisavljević.
- Artistic collaboration (upon invitation from Natalija Vladisavljević): Olivera Kovačević Crnjanski, Alexandre Achour, and Saša Asentić.
- Choreography and performance: Natalija Vladisavljević, Jelena Stefanoska, Frosina Dimovska, Dunja Crnjanski, Jelena Alempijević, Željka Jakovljević, Ina Madžar, Olivera Kovačević Crnjanski, Alexandre Achour, Saša Asentić.
- Pianist | Piano improvisation: Dunja Crnjanski.
- Idea for costume and stage design: Natalija Vladisavljević.
- Light design: Anja Sekulić.
- Sound design: Rasto Ilić.
- Production management: Saša Asentić, Nataša Murge Savić, Olivera Kovačević Crnjanski.
- Production: Per.Art.
- Coproduction: Hellerau – European Center for Arts (Dresden), Kampnagel (Hamburg), Künstlerhaus Mousonturm (Frankfurt), and Münchner Kammerspiele (Munich).
- Partner: Gallery of Matica srpska, Novosadsko pozorište.
- Thank you to: Kulturni centar Vojvodine “Miloš Crnjanski”.
- Supported by: Europe Beyond Access co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, Grad Novi Sad and Erste banka.