Date: September 2, 2022 - September 2, 2022
On 2 September, disabled artist Katarzyna Zeglicka will present a new lecture-performance, ‘Non-Normative Case’, as part of Generation After Showcase at Nowy Teatr, Warsaw.
The programme is an intense presentation to international delegates, arts managers and curators of new trends in Polish theatre.
As part of the performative lecture, Katarzyna will cover topics including:
- definitions of inclusiveness
- ways in which disabled artists create dramaturgy and choreography
- the effects of (in)visibility of disabled artists in the mainstream culture
- ways of (co-)working with artists with varying impairments and needs
As part of the body-work laboratory, exercises will be presented to try to:
- “Get in the shoes” of disabled artists
- Express yourself through various means of expression, adapted to the needs and possibilities
- Be sensitive and open to a variety of bodies and movements
- Increase body awareness
Book tickets: https://app.swapcard.com/event/generation-after-showcase-new-geographies/planning/UGxhbm5pbmdfOTQ3OTMy